Former Location and References

The St Lawrence Jewry fountain was located just to the west of the Guildhall Yard, and south of the Guildhall itself, in the City of London.

The fountain sat between the surrounding buildings of the Church of St Lawrence Jewry to the south, and the City Courts of Justice, immediately north.

Fig. 1 Detail of the 1874 OS Map of the City of London showing the fountain’s
original location.
Fig. 2 Detail of a drainage and water supply map c. 1880, showing the fountain’s
original location, near a public urinal managed by the Corporation of London
Fig. 3 The water fountain in use, 1911